Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2016

2012 Cantine di Ora Amicone



Nice Italian red. Bought in on sale at Haskell's. Surprised how pricey it is on the Internet: $15+, I usually don't buy wine in this range, except for special occasions, when I can splurge on Chateneuf du Pape or champagne. This is probably the best wine for people who likes something sweet, but elegant and don't want to pay for Sauternes or Tokaji. No, it's not as sweet as Sauternes. Producers claim nose and taste of raspberry and cherries, but to my taste it's more like strawberry and burned caramel. Very pleasant taste. In this wine, sugar doesn't spoil the taste, quite opposite, it adds some balance. Powerful, full-bodied wine.
Was a great pairing to smoke trout pizza. Can go well with any meat.
Would buy again if I see it on sale. Yes, I'm a cheap bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment